Deliver Written Copies of Speech by: 3/23/18
Marion Soil and Water Conservation District
2441 NE 3rd St., Suite 204-2
Ocala, FL 34470.
Oral Presentation: 4/5/18
Location: Green Clover Hall
TOPIC: “Watersheds...Our Water, Our Home”
1) Open to ANY student in Marion County in grades 6 through 12.
2) Contestants can speak on any subject within the topic.
3) Contestant will pre‑register by delivering four (4) typewritten copies of their speech, double spaced on 8 ½ by 11 inch white bond paper by 4:30 PM on March 6, 2018 to the Marion Soil and Water Conservation District office at the address above.
4) Please identify speech with one (1) cover page to include student’s name, address, telephone number, grade, school and teacher’s name.
5) Late receipt of any manuscript will be assessed at a rate of 5 point for each day the speech is late after the due date.
6) Contestants may use notes while speaking, visual aids may not be used.
7) Time limit is 6 ‑ 8 minutes. Penalties will be given for less than 6 minutes or more than 8 minutes.
- 50% Content
- 40% Delivery
- 10% Composition
- 1st place: $150
- 2nd place: $100
- 3rd place: $75
All other participants will receive a ribbon or a certificate of participation.